- Collection of your personal information
BC STONE will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from third parties, including from publicly available sources.
We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- When you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our Website;
- In administering and performing our contracts with you following a purchase from our Website;
- From other related correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- While conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- When administering any of our services; and
- As otherwise required to manage BC STONE business.
- Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers and billing information.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
- Our purposes for handling your personal information
BC STONE collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to:
- Provide you with our goods and services;
- Manage and administer those goods and services, including account opening procedures;
- Communicate with you, including (but not limited to), emailing you tax invoices, dispatch and tracking information, returns and exchange authorisations;
- Comply with its legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Otherwise to manage BC STONE business.
- Use and disclosure of your personal information
Some of the primary purposes for which we use and disclose personal information include:
- Maintaining customer records;
- Delivery and supply of goods and services;
- Account keeping and invoicing;
- Locating and/or retrieving our goods; and
- Administering our accounts with you.
We may also use and disclose your personal information we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which may collect your personal information include:
- Marketing our goods and services to you;
- Goods and services development;
- To any third-party, person or entity we engage in relation to the primary and secondary purposes;
- Customer and market research;
- To keep you informed of any changes to our business, goods and services or other offerings that may be of interest to you; and
- Disclosure to any person you have consented to or which we are authorised or required by law.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
- Protection of personal information
At BC STONE, your personal information is treated with the greatest of care. BC STONE maintains appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
BC STONE further protects personal information by restricting access to personal information to those who need access to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information. BC STONE does not collect sensitive information.
- Direct marketing and Opting Out
Like most business, marketing is important to BC STONE continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us.
All our newsletters contain a link to unsubscribe. You will not receive newsletters from us again if you choose to unsubscribe. You also have the option of emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Customer Service Team will unsubscribe you if you provide them with the email address that is subscribed. In order to make our emails more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. You can also make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
You will be included in our email newsletter mailing list (which includes special offers, competitions, new product arrival alerts and other communication related to our services or the products we offer) if you subscribe to our newsletter or if you make a purchase from us or have requested that we notify you of an items expected arrival and we expect to receive other items that are similar or complementary or if you make an inquiry with us.
- Computer Tracking and Cookies
This Website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. However, our site logs certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
BC STONE is not obliged to correct any of your personal information if it does not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If BC STONE refuses a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
- Overseas transfers of personal information
BC STONE may disclose your personal information to companies that are associated with us overseas to assist the provision of the services and other purposes described in this policy.
- Resolving personal information concerns
Once a complaint has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com.
The last update to this document was 14 December 2020.